1 (19.8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix, batter prepared as directed on box
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil. Pour prepared brownie batter into foil-lined pan, and bake until brownies begin to pull away from the sides, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Lift brownies from pan in one piece. Use a 3 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut 6 brownie hearts.
- Combine caramels and whipping cream in a large bowl. Microwave on High for 1 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until caramels are melted and cream is incorporated. Drizzle caramel sauce decoratively on brownie hearts. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.