Gajar ka Halwa has a traditional charm that continues to please every generation of Indians! Here is a quick and tasty version of Gajar ka Halwa made using the pressure cooker.
Cooked in milk, the carrots acquire a rich taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture, which are intensified by the addition of mava. Because milk and mawa are used, the recipe does not require much ghee, yet it has the same old rich taste and luxuriant mouth-feel.
Enjoy the Gajar ka Halwa warm. If you want to try this recipe without using a pressure cooker, try this version Microwave Gajar ka Halwa and if you want to make it in the microwave oven, go for this recipe Gajar ka Halwa .
Gajar ka Halwa, Quick Gajar Halwa Recipe recipe – How to make Gajar ka Halwa, Quick Gajar Halwa Recipe
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
2 cups thickly grated carrot
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp grated mawa (khoya)
1 tbsp raisins (kismis)
1 tbsp chopped almonds (badam)
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer into a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mawa, mix well and cook for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the raisins, almonds and cardamom powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot or warm.
Source : www.tarladalal.com