GREEN APPLE GINGER MARTINI | A REAL FOOD SEASONAL APPLE COCKTAIL
A seasonal cocktail with spiciness, bright acidity and the subtle sweetness of real fresh fruit; light and refreshing and entirely sippable as we head into the fall and winter seasons.
Preparation Time : 2hrs
- 4 oz/120ml ginger infused vodka (recipe below)
- 4 oz/120ml fresh green apple lime juice (recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml maple or honey simple syrup (made by mixing equal parts of maple syrup or honey with filtered water until fully dissolved)
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 cup/4oz//120ml quality vodka
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large tart green apple, cored and cut into slices (ex. granny smith)
- ¼ cup/60ml filtered water
- The juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- Apple slices for garnish (optional)
- Place the vodka in a re-sealable jar along with the grated ginger and seal. Shake gently and set aside for two or more hours until infused. (The longer you let the vodka sit with the ginger the stronger the flavor will be.) Strain pressing on solids to extract all the liquid and set aside.
- Place cocktail glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Add the apple slices to a high speed blender along with the water and lime juice and blend on high until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer pressing on the pulp to get all of the juice and set aside. (If you have a juicer run the apple through and then add the freshly squeezed lime juice to it and omit the water.)
- Add the apple and lime juice, the vodka and the maple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the shaker turns frosty.
- Strain into the chilled glasses. Garnish with the reserved apple slices if desired.
*I prefer to use a non-grain based vodka like Ciroc (made from grapes) or Chopin Black Label (made from potatoes).