A light quick spicy appetizer that celebrates the flavours of the Hunan province of China, popular for hot, spicy food, fresh flavours and deep colours. Hunan is known as the land of fish and rice. Serve this as an appetizer, or increase the stock, adjust the seasoning and serve over brown rice as a meal.
- 500g jumbo prawns, peeled, deveined
- 15g oatmeal
- 15ml sesame oil
- 5 ml sesame oil
- 15g finely chopped garlic
- 10g finely chopped ginger
- 5g red chili flakes
- 50g red and yellow bell pepper julienned
- 100g mango touts or asparagus shoots
- 25ml chicken stock
- 10g cornflour
- 10ml soy sauce
- 5g salt
- 2g brown sugar
- 25ml garlic chili bean sauce
- 10g dry toasted sesame seeds
- 15g spring onion greens
- 5 ml sesame oil to drizzle
- Toss prawns in 15g oatmeal.
- Heat 15ml sesame oil in a large wok. Stir fry prawns until light pink 3-5 minutes. Reserve in bowl, keep warm.
- In same wok, heat 5 ml sesame oil. Add chili flakes, ginger, garlic and stir fry.
- Add bell peppers and mango touts saute for 30 seconds.
- Combine chicken stock, remaining oatmeal, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and chili bean garlic sauce in a bowl. reserve.Stir into wok, and cook for a minute or two until it thickens.
- Add the prawns and toss well.
- Finish with spring onion greens, toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Sources : www.fitfoodie.in
Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/sweetsandnamkeen/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsweetsandnamkeens.com%2Fhunan-prawns%2F): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/sweetsandnamkeen/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151