Here’s an easy-to-make quick recipe that’ll assure you of a healthy start to the day. The Tomato Omelette Udipi Hotel Style gets you all the necessary vitamins you need to start your day with a smile as bright as sunshine.
- 1 cup besan
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon yogurt/dahi
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl to make a smooth thick batter
- Heat a non stick pan and grease lightly with oil and smear with a kitchen paper.
- Spoon 2 ladles of batter on the pan, when hot-do not spread out thin. When bubbles start to appear along the rim, turn the ‘omelette’ to the other side and cook on low-medium flame till golden and crisp.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.